Happy Halloween Y’all!
I trust you all had a fun weekend and for all the others who managed to get through all the events that make Halloween what it is; thank God its over! This year has been so hilarious with all the happenings in pop culture and politics; it would be difficult to not have costume ideas. I had the pleasure of participating in the North Texas ‘Making Strides Against Breast Cancer’ Walk this past weekend and I kid you not, I was walking alongside Donald Trump, The Mad Hatter from Alice not too far behind and Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad around somewhere :)….just to name a few, it was so much fun!! 🙂
In this post I want to talk about sprucing up your space – whether its your home, apartment or office cubicle; you name it, I’ve got you covered!
Decorating a space can be likened to telling a story about who you are and what you love. It reflects your taste, personal style and mindset. Decorating a space can sometimes be so intimidating that a few of us NEVER-GET-STARTED. We fear that its just too much of a hassle, or the fact that we go through different phases or seasons where our likes change so randomly that we feel there isn’t a need to decorate because come a few months down the line, we would loath ‘that huge iron bird sitting on the mantle over the fire place we thought was so cool and eclectic’….ahem <coughs> 🙂 that was me not too long ago…ha ha! 😀 😀
I have a few questions that can help you get started. Lets start at the top of the list:
- What is Your Budget? How much are you willing to spend? And I’m referring to situations where your’re decorating an apartment you intend to live in for a few years as opposed to a home that comes with a longer time line.
- What is Your Space Like? Do you have a lot of space that looks empty and bare no matter what you do and want a smaller and more cozy feel to it?
- What is the Existing Color Scheme of The Space? For example, If you have cream painted walls and a cream colored carpet as most rental apartments; and you’re not willing to repaint the whole space, you can opt for darker toned furniture for better contrast.
- What Style Best Describes You? Are you a lover of all things ‘comfy and chintz’ or do you like a more contemporary upwardly mobile look to your space? There are so many styles but everyone has a dominant style expression.
- Less is More. There is a fine line between a well decorated space and clutter. You do not need one of every shade of pottery or ten different paintings hanging on your wall just because your grandparents unloaded their house. There’s a show for that and its called ‘Hoarders’ 🙂 Don’t be afraid to sell or give away things you’re not using or don’t have any use for.
We only live once guys so why not feel great about the space you’re in right now instead of waiting till your dreams come through (and they will)! These are a few pictures of some pieces that brighten up my space. Let me know your thoughts and what has worked for you so far.
Ciao until next time!
You write very well, my friend. Where have you been hiding this gift?
Great questions that help one think about how to liven up a space. 👍🏽
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks so much!