Hello Y’all! Its been a while since my last post. I would like to say that I have been away for work and rest and boy I’m I glad to be back! I missed you guys and I hope everything is going amazingly well in your part of the world. Fall is finally here…Do I hear a sigh or relief or am I just about the only one ready to start layering already 😀 😀 The last quarter is here guys and I-JUST-CANNOT-WAIT for Christmas!! I caught myself contemplating setting up my decor a little earlier this year; the reason being it’s already cold in North Texas and the two kind of just go together.
For most of us, the change of seasons come with a reorganization of our closets. We exchange the light and Summery for the heavier and sometimes gloomy Wintry garb. I find that the more items our layers can blend with, the more options we have which sometimes translates into boring and or frumpy.
My Light Bulb Moment!!
The weather is already going to be gloomy outside. You don’t have to mimic it.
There are certain items you can use to spruce up your closet this winter and I’m sharing a few of my favorites with you below:
• Boots – Instead of sticking with black, grey or brown just because these colors go with almost anything; try getting something cheery and bright that you really love that comes in multiple lengths as well!
• Scarves – A scarf can brighten up or put a damper on an ensemble. If I am wearing dark clothing, I love to layer on a scarf that pops and brightens my whole outfit and vice versa.
• The basic 3’s – A minimum of three coats is required – one to run errands and groceries in, one for work and one for really nice outings. You can have more but these work well for starters.
• Layer nicely – I tend to layer with jumpers and tees that (in all honesty) have lived past their expiry dates…ha ha! Just because it won’t be seen, doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be nice. 😀
• Hats – Get in touch with your inner child by investing in nice head socks and winter caps instead of the proverbial black, brown or grey that you’ve always worn forever.
• Goodwill – It might be time to take a look at your winter clothing and get rid of those items that you and I know, you will never wear…including those old ugly sweaters you were gifted 10,000 years ago but still keep at the bottom of your ‘what in the hell were they thinking’ pile.
• Invest in a good Snuggie! – And please, no cow print patterns. I find that they look horrendous which defeats the amazing purpose that they fulfil…if you own one, you know what I mean. 😀
Its been predicted that 2018 is going to be a cold winter so be safe, stay warm and feel free to share what your winter must haves are! Until I come your way again, I remain
Welcome back! Nice post
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Craig. Always a pleasure!
Ugh, nooo, I hate the cold! I’m still struggling to accept fall, let alone begin the downward spiral towards winter. Seeing it in a more colorful light (or garb) might help a little… But just a little.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi Hannah. The cool weather seems to be more intense in other parts compared to us down in the south. It feels like we’re slow-cooking all year round that a brief spell of cooler weather is a welcomed relief for us. Do stay warm and cheery!! Thanks 🙂