Hello Y’all. It is Fall!!! The sweltering heat is slowly winding down and will soon be gone… even if its just for a few months. We are getting close to the end of the year and like every time, its like 2018 just zip-lined its way into the last quarter. Its about that time to put away my Summer clothes and set up my closet for Fall. We are officially in the last lap of the year. I feel its not too early to sit back, take a moment and look back at how well we’ve lived during the year. If you’ve been with my blog over the past two years, you’d notice that I’m all about improvements, taking stock, learning from my past in order to do better in the future.
Here are some of my lessons learned so far in 2018!!
- Keep Being Active: I remember meeting up with a buddy of mine one day and showing up to the trail with a bag of Cheetos – don’t judge me 😀 But I was hungry and didn’t have time to eat but I showed up either way. Being active is a lifestyle and we may never be perfect but choose to show up anyway.
- Eat Healthy: The holiday season is around the corner and that downward sugar spiral is closer than you think. I’m making up my mind to make up for all the parties, events, binges and splurges by eating healthier in between ALL the festivities so I can cancel out my excesses.
- Trust Your Gut: The older I get, the more I have learned to trust myself, to trust my gut feeling, my intuition in every area of my life and to not just shake it off if I feel some kind of way about something.
- Balance The Books: This is a whole other blog post on it’s own if I need to elaborate on it but I’m just going to skim over to give you an idea of what i’m talking about. When I say ‘balance the books’, I’m looking at everything from relationships, finances, health, spirituality etc. and I am looking at how I have lived, my choices, my sacrifices, what I’ve put in and what I’ve gotten back in return. I look at areas I could have done better and at areas I feel I need to improve on or make better choices. The bottom line is I know where I’m at and I’m not just waltzing through life without been accountable to myself, my time and to those around me.
- Read More Books: I try to catch up on my reading every now and then. Even though I have a few more books to read before the end of the year, I’m on it and doing the best I can every chance that I get. 😀
- Try A New Sport: Whether it’s golfing, volleyball on the weekends or meditation. I personally don’t know ANYONE who is physically overactive but I feel most of us if not all of us could do better with a little bit more exercise.
- Start Juicing: I remember being younger and my parents bought this ‘Juice Processor’ (that was what it was called back in the day) and at the time, I felt it was more of a hassle than a necessity. Now I’ve realized that with being on the go most of the time, juicing is an easier alternative to eating an actual meal but with the same or even more nutritional benefits.
We just had New York Fashion Week for 2018 and it was fun! There was a showdown between Rihannas ‘Savage x Fenty’ line and Marc Jacobs presentation. I felt both shows were very unique in their own way. But as always, there’s the tendency to pit two very talented and gifted individuals against each other – even though they stem from different ends of the spectrum. Anyways, I saved some pictures from the Marc Jacobs clothing line that I found interesting and had to share with you.
Always remember that its never too late to tweak your lifestyle. Until I come your way again, I remain
I would like to try a new sport this season too! Either that, or learn to play chess.
Speaking of NYFW, I chuckled at the Fenty lingerie line! I loved the bright colours and those models were doing that hilarious savage walk at the end!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hey Zenrevival! Thanks as always for your comments. I thought the Fenty libe was a little too Savage if you ask me but thats my opinion. 😘😉
Nice post as always. Keep it up
LikeLiked by 1 person