Hello Y’all! I hope your weekend has been fun aside from the cold front we have coming our way here in North Texas. 😑 New York Fashion Week is here and the frenzy and excitement accompanied with this years show is on!! So far, the trend with some designers this year has been focused on bags and there’s been some interesting pieces I’ve see so far; some of which I will share below…so excited!!😁😎
So we recently had the 2018 Grammy’s which was fun for those who watched it from the beginning till the end. I watched the performances of some of the stars I felt would make it worth my time and Bruno Mars was one of them. I couldn’t help but notice the blatant 80’s theme in that performance. Everything from the garb, dance moves, video-graphy and accessories screamed 1980’s. It almost felt like I was in a time capsule all of a sudden and I could hear that annoying voice saying ‘I’m taking you back…way back’! 😐
Now….In My Mind
The 80’s was P-E-R-F-E-C-T in its own way; we do not need to recreate it. All the color riot/patch patterns that we called clothing back then coupled with those huge clanky earrings (that still surprise me till this day that people ‘still’ had ear holes) and outlandish accessories that scream ‘LOOK AT ME’ make me cringe just reliving those memories.
I liken the 1980’s era to my first time at a shooting range. It was loud, exciting and adrenaline pumping. But if you ask me if I would do it again, my answer would be ‘hell to the naw’ in my best Ohioan/Kentucky accent. 😂 And I’ll tell you why:
- The brightness of those prints…no wonder some of us have flashbacks that lead to momentary visual impairedness when we see extremely bedazzling colors.
- Almost every one had a pair of those army boots. Its like they all shopped in the same store. I would never know why.😕
- The dance moves though…If you know how to do the running man,… ‘You is Old’! But come to think of it looking back, people were more fit then and I’m pretty sure it was because they danced a whole lot.
- The obsession with hair for both guys AND girls was perplexing. Everyone walking around with Jerry curls and fried hair dripping with oil or really big hair back then. That’s not going to work since we have global warming now; all the hairspray in the world won’t keep that birds nest longer than a few hours.😂
- The jewelry and accessories were big, bold and screamed ‘notice me’. No one ever tells you that you get caught in everything from trees, bushes, clothes, hair…with those huge earrings 😱
Anyways guys, If you were born in the 1980’s, you know exactly what i’m talking about because you lived through that era. But if you weren’t and you think all this is new…sorry to disappoint you but it isn’t. We did the 80’s once, we don’t need to go back there again. Wishing you a happy valentines day celebration in advance! Until I come your way again, I remain